Friday, July 5, 2013

EPOC is the New EPIC

It’s almost 9 o’clock and I’m sitting here sipping coffee, trying to figure out what I should write about. My day was okay, nothing exciting happened. I worked out a lot today; walked 110 minutes, Wii Zumba 30 minutes, Strength Training 20 minutes and Yoga for 40 minutes. I’m also going to meditate tonight too, after the kids go to sleep. Lord knows I need it, I’ve been under a lot of stress lately. It’s been nearly 3 weeks since I’ve smoked and the stress is making me want to buy a pack of cigarettes. But I won’t. I’ll keep taking my medication and I’ll continue going for walks in the morning and the yoga really relaxes me a lot. I made a lot of delicious and healthy meals today. Derrick made my Banana Cream of Wheat for breakfast, I made Salmon Burgers for lunch and I made Chicken Enchiladas with Spanish Rice for dinner. I didn’t bake with Evelyn today and I feel really guilty about it. I need to bake with her tomorrow. 
I’ve been thinking a lot lately about going to college. I’ve never been and I know I’d qualify for FASFA. I’d love to take psychology and something in the health field. I’d love to be a therapist/nurse physician. I think I’d be really good at both. I’m really good at remembering things and details. So learning medical terms would be a cinch. I’ll make all the calls I have to on Monday about going to school; calling my GAIN worker to find out what I need to do for school, call RCC about visiting a Guidance Counselor for my future and calling the place I graduated from for my transcripts. I’m really excited about going back to school. I really love learning and taking notes and writing and reading and studying and run on sentences. Ha! I get to ride the bus to class for free, but I’d probably walk to school, we live in a beautiful neighborhood and I love walking under the shady, good smelling magnolia trees. Plus it’s only about 1 1/2 to 2 miles away from my house, less than an hours walk, if I’m walking really slow with a heavy backpack. 
For now, I’m stuck, sipping coffee, forced to watch WWE Smackdown and so ready for sleep. But I promised myself, yoga and meditation. I already had dessert (a Schwan’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich) and I was still UNDER my caloric limit/range. I’m proud of myself for getting back into my health & fitness routine. My only complaint is that sometimes my mom walks too slow and I want to run or at least jog. It’s boring and not really an exercise to just leisurely walk at a slow pace. I want to sweat, I want to be dripping wet and exhausted and a pound lighter when I’m done working out. Like I feel after a expert Zumba session or power Yoga. I’ve been back to using MyFitnessPal.com and SparkPeople.com (Trishdadish85 on MFP) (4TrishDaDish85 on SP). I’m really busting my ass to earn all the daily spark points. I’m logging EVERYTHING, no matter how annoying it is. It’s my health, my future, my life that I’m worried about, not the opinion of others on my Facebook. I’m proud of myself and that’s all that matters. 
(BTW: EPOC means Excess Post-Exercise Oxygen Consumption) 

No comments:

Post a Comment