Monday, July 1, 2013

Beauty and the "Beast Mode"

Today I was in Beast Mode. Derrick thinks I’m #manic. I don’t think I am. Granted, I have TONS of energy, I’m talking fast, I’m exercising to the extreme, but I don’t think I’m manic. I think today was a good day and I had energy to back it up. I haven’t had this kind of energy…since the last time I was manic. LOL. Maybe Derrick is on to something. I doubt it though, but we’ll see, especially if I can’t sleep tonight. There’s absolutely nothing on TV right now, so I’m stuck listening to the #Bachelorette. But right now, my biggest concern is being focused enough to write this blog. I’m kinda bouncing off the walls right now and it’s kind of difficult to sit still and write. Plus my tooth is killing me again, so I’m pretty distracted. My tremors are pretty bad right now, my hands are shaking really bad, it’s making it hard to type. I have to backspace and rewrite a lot of stuff because I keep hitting the wrong keys. 
I woke up before the alarm this morning, at 5:45 am. I got up and closed the bedroom door behind me, so Derrick and the baby would stay asleep. The kids’ bedroom door was closed, so I went into the kitchen and made me some coffee. I opened my laptop and jumped online for a bit and did some Ayuverdic Diet research for my Pitta Dosha. I found a lot of good articles that I bookmarked and saved so I can print them out later. I sipped my hot coffee and laced up my shoes. At 7 am I headed out the door with my Cardio Trainer app on my cellphone, raring to go. I got to my grandparents apartment and the door was locked. Everyone was still in bed. Mom and I were supposed to go walking at 7 am. WTF. So I had to wait about 15 minutes for her to wake up and get dressed. Then we hit the pavement and chit chatted the whole way for a little over 4 miles round trip. 
When I got home, I made myself a Cappuccino protein shake for breakfast. Had a banana and started to clean the house. I detailed the living room and vacuumed, cleaned our bedroom and washed 2 loads of laundry, cleaned the kitchen and loaded the dishwasher. Afterwards I did a 20 minute strength training session with 16 lb weights. Right after the cool down session, I jumped on the Wii and did 20 minutes of Wii Zumba. Then I folded and put away the laundry. Then I got back on the computer and spent a couple hours on SparkPeople.com. My mom was over and we were talking the whole time. Reading through healthy lifestyle books and talking about health and fitness. We’re both trying to lose about 30 lbs. I’m kinda bummed that tomorrow is a rest day for strength training because I really enjoy lifting weights, a lot. 
After my mom went home, I took my laptop into the bedroom and listened to a meditation DVD for 45 minutes. That was the MOST relaxing part of my day. Dinner was only 230 calories and I was FULL. I literally had to make myself a 500 calorie protein shake for “dessert" just to get my 1600 calorie minimum for the day. And it was delicious. I went for a walk with my mom at 7 pm and we talked about my grandparents being jackasses. Nothing new. My knee and left foot started hurting really badly halfway through our walk, but I was a champ and I pushed through the pain and made it home. Clancy was here. Derrick decided to finally shave his head (sexy!) and take a shower (Lord I need one too!). While he was showering, that’s when I made my “shake" for dessert. I’ve been trolling the internet since I finished my drink. After I do one more check on Twitter, tumblr, Facebook, MFP and SparkPeople, I’m gunna log off and get in some quality yoga time. See, like I said, Beast Mode! 

No comments:

Post a Comment