Saturday, August 31, 2013

Cheese, Cheesy and a Blonde Moment

The alarm was set for 5 am, but I snoozed until 6 am while the baby crawled all over me and Derrick. I rolled outta bed a little after six and ran to the bathroom before anyone else got there. Derrick ran to the kitchen and made the coffee. Have I mentioned just how much I LOVE that man? Once settled on the couch, I got on the laptop and checked all my social media sites and chatted with a few friends for a while. I watched the news and that’s when the depression kicked in. I swear, news has changed so much in the last 50 years (yes, I’m aware I’ve only been alive for 28 of the last 50 years). It’s frustrating. Where’s all the Good Sam stories? Where’s all the Cool Kid stories? Where’s all the Fireman Saves a Kitty in a Tree stories? Ugh!
Anyways, I made myself a protein shake for breakfast again. But this time I had a banana with it. Woot, mama got her potassium in. After breakfast I did the girly routine and washed up and started on my hair and makeup. My horoscope said that my lucky color for the day was “gold” so I wore gold concealer and gold eyeshadow. (I think it worked, I had a good day today.) I did my hair in a side-pony braid, twisted into a bun with a large black rose tucked behind my ear. The only jewelry I wore, were my great-grandma’s diamond stud earrings. Didn’t want to overwhelm my work uniform with too many accessories. Besides, I was spending the day in orientation and not many people got to witness my cuteness. But I rocked the Black & Blue today! Blue is not my favorite color, but I’ll be damned if it doesn’t bring out my baby blues to pop!
I had to leave a little before 9 am to catch the bus for work. There was a man at the bus-stop in a wheelchair who was literally pacing back and forth. When I got to the stop he started talking to me but I couldn’t hear him because I had my earbuds in and was listening to Seether pretty loudly. He got kind of angry and wheeled off when I smiled but didn’t respond. I didn’t know him and he made me feel uncomfortable with his actions, so I minded my own business and stuck to my music while waiting for the bus, which, thankfully, showed up like two minutes later, ending this awkward session. So I got off of the bus at my stop to transfer to another bus and here’s the dumb-blonde moment of the day. I walk across the street to the bus stop I assume is the bus stop I need to go Eastbound for the bus (logically, it’s the stop on the Eastward facing side of the street, so I was right to assume) however, the bus I needed, was actually picking up the Eastbound passagers on the Westbound side—of which I crossed from. Which meant I needed to high-tail it backwards and cross back across from where I got off the first bus. Ugh.
The bus driver was pretty nice, she told me not to worry, that she’d get me to the stop closest to Kmart. And I kid you not, the stop is literally right across the street from my job—sweet! (Side Note: They’re building a BEV-MO next to my Kmart!!! YES!!) I got to work about 30-40 minutes too early, but I hung out in the break room watching TV with some other workers and managers a bit before orientation started. One of the managers I met during my second interview, made a comment about Guinness Floats with Vanilla Ice Cream and I chimed in with my approval and comment about them being “delicious Stout Floats that taste like a bitter-caramely milkshake or rootbeer float, they’re friggin delicious” and the manager smiled and told the others, “I knew I liked her”. That made my day. What a laid back guy, he’s great. My hiring manager is pretty sweet too, she’s super nice and helpful. There was one other new hire training with me today, a man for Loss Prevention. We chatted about college for a bit during out training videos.
I “worked” for 3 hours today and received my schedule for the next 2 weeks, which is awesome! I get paid this coming Friday for 11 hours—better than nothing, mama REALLY needs a haircut. I work Tuesday and the sucky part is that Tuesday is also my first day at Payless, so I have to work around that schedule somehow. Just for that day at least. My manager was totally awesome about Saturdays being the observed Sabbath for me. She scheduled me around Saturdays. Also, I’m totally allowed to mention my job via social media within respectable limits. Woot! Besides, I’d never bad mouth anyone that I work with via my blogging. That’s so declasse.
The bus picked me up 5 minutes after I got off work and took me home. It was a nice 2 block stroll coming home, in the humidity, not. When I got home, Derrick hugged me and asked if I was hungry and offered to make me a Grilled Cheese sandwich. It was so delicious. I was ravenous. I got on the laptop and checked all my social sites and email. Turns out Starbucks and Dollar General want to interview me, but I respectfully declined because I already have 2 jobs that I really REALLY wanted. Now, if Torrid or Bath & Body Works call…that’s another story. I might just interview. But for now, I am HELLA excited to be working for Kmart and Payless, two of my most favorite stores!
I made Chinese Chicken Stir-fry for dinner tonight. With LOTS of veggies. The kids and Derrick loved it. I mean really, all four kids, even the baby ate it! Mama did goooood. Then, I made a rookie mistake. I decided to have a Reese’s Candy bar for dessert. I ate the whole bar…then read the nutritional facts. The bar was FOUR servings. OMGosh, ugh. So now I’m stuck with a tummy ache and the chocolate jitters. The kids all went to bed good tonight, no fighting, no arguing, just kisses, jammies, teeth brushed and to bed they went, even the baby. Derrick and I have been glued to Lifetime since they went to bed. We watched a movie with Daryl Hannah called Social Nightmare and I have to say, for a Lifetime movie, it was pretty damn good! Now, the movie we’re watching right now (Killer Reality) is a different story…
I’m off work til Tuesday and I plan on doing some fun things with the kids; going to the park, baking goodies and playing some board-games. I sure hope it rains during the next few days. Any excuse to use some candles and make hot cocoa, am I right? I have to write up a budget, a grocery list and a household necessities list for payday, tomorrow. I also need to make a weekly menu before the grocery list is written up. I need things to take to work for lunch. Speaking of lunch, the breakroom is pretty sweet at work. We have a 60 inch TV, leather couches and a stocked kitchen with a wall of lockers. My discounts are pretty sweet too, especially with Halloween right around the corner. So, I’m done for the night, I wrote a lot. Sorry if I rambled. Today was a pretty good day. Be back tomorrow for more adventures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment