Monday, August 26, 2013

Where Ya Been Mama?!

This Mama with Mental Illness has been super busy over the last few weeks, that I haven't had a chance to blog the way I want to. Hell, I haven't done anything the way I want to, not even sleep. I haven't blogged, haven't been out for a run in three weeks and I haven't logged onto MyFitnessPal in 2 weeks. What the heck is wrong with me? I've been so super busy that I really haven't had time to think. But at least my house is still standing, my kids are healthy and happy and we've been going to church weekly. Life has had it's ups and downs over the last few weeks, but there's been far more good than bad. Life is good for the Rathgeber Household at the moment. 

For starters! I got a job! Well, make that two jobs! Kmart hired me as a cashier for part-time and Payless has hired me as Sales Associate for part-time. I am excited to have BOTH jobs and look forward to starting them both. I am thoroughly surprised at how quickly I got a job, let alone, TWO jobs, after job searching and interviewing for only 2 & 1/2 weeks. Literally, I started searching on the 5th and I was hired the 24th. Granted, both jobs are a bit out of the way and it'll take maybe a 2 hour bus ride to get there, but HEY, I got 2 jobs! Mama's doing her happy dance! Best news is, Kmart pays weekly AND I get a 20% discount! Woot! I already went shopping three times this week for clothes; got 7 new shirts, 4 pairs of black pants and 2 pairs of black shoes. I am SO ready!

Today the kiddos went back to school (Evelyn & Maverick started 4th and 1st grades) and Olivia was not happy about it. She wants to start Preschool super badly and I want that for her too. So, when I went to the DPSS GAIN office this morning to talk to my caseworker, I was able to adjust my contract, add Derrick as non-exempt and now Olivia is free & clear to join Preschool this next week! So that means, three kiddos will be in school! I'm super happy about that. Next year Olivia will be in Kindergarten and Savannah will be in daycare and things will be great. I'm so looking forward to getting off of welfare and making a life for myself and I'm taking all the steps to get there. I WANT to be self sufficient. I WANT to be successful. I WANT to be a role model for my children, by working hard, studying hard and smiling all the way through.

Speaking of "studying"...it's obvious I didn't start college today and I am bummed about that. I, so badly, wanted to go to school and study Kinesiology, but things didn't work out and so, I have to re-apply for winter or spring of 2014. I'm patient and maybe this is a blessing in disguise. Maybe God knew I wouldn't be able to juggle the kids, Derrick, 2 jobs, GAIN activities AND school. So, I have plenty of time to get back to school when I can, hell, even when the kids are grown. Because to be perfectly honest, my priority is to get back on our feet, make steady and stable, reliable income, so we can move out of this small apartment, into a bigger house, that we either rent or BUY! I wouldn't mind buying a house in Moreno Valley. Hell, 5 bedroom houses are CHEAP out there...plus Moreno Valley is close to my Kmart job. 

The kids had a great first day of school today. They really like their teachers. Derrick walked them all, yes, all four, to school this morning because I had to be at the GAIN office before 8 am. I am so amazed by his strength through all of his pain. He's an amazing father and I am proud to call him my husband. I can't wait to renew my vows with him. But, back to the kiddos and their first day. Maverick came home with a manila folder full of paperwork for me to fill out. Weirdly, Evelyn came home empty handed. I need to sign them up for HEARTS after-school program, so maybe I'll do that tomorrow morning. I also need to meet their teachers and discuss me volunteering some hours per week, just to add it to the resume. I pray my babies have a great school year this year and that they learn a lot, make new life long friends and have fun.

Church has been incredible. Moving to Riverside Community Church, I think, has been the best decision we've ever made as a family. We are all in love with this church. It's interactive, fun, educational and God-fearing & loving. We're never bored. The music is all music we know. The people are extremely friendly. And the potlucks are DELICIOUS. Though, I totally feel ousted for the Cupcake Wars competition, LOL. But that's what I get for making a Maple-BACON topped cupcake for a (vegetarian) Seventh Day Adventist church, LOL. I know better for next time, and next time I shall rock it and take that first place ribbon! Also, I WILL be participating in the Chili Cook-Off too! I WILL win a first place ribbon from that church, soon!

Tomorrow will be a day of relaxing for me, mostly. I don't have Open Entry/Volunteering this week for GAIN, but I DO have to go to the GAIN Office to pick up Daycare paperwork and Employment Verification paperwork. So, after I walk the kiddos to school, I'll be jumping on the bus to head to the DPSS to get the paperwork and then I'll come home and have breakfast and probably clean house. Then, to spoil myself for the past two weeks (not to mention the rest of this hectic one) I shall take a bath and give myself a mani & pedi. I'm gunna do "Blue Light Special" blue ombre on my nails for work. :D Maybe I'll bake the kiddos some cupcakes as a treat for getting the school year off to a great start. Wednesday and Thursday are going to be the BUSIEST days of the week. So, I'm going to sign off and get some much needed sleep to enjoy my day tomorrow. Goodnight! 

No comments:

Post a Comment