Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Takin' a Break Before the Mad Dash Rash!

If I had to brag about one app or one website that makes my life super simple, I’d have to brag about Cozi.com. I don’t even use Outlook as much as I use Cozi. It’s on my phone, it’s on my desktop and it’s always open in my browser. My kids all have access to the account, so does Derrick and we’re always on top of the schedule. It just makes life so super simple, so check it out when you have time. It’s a life-saver for parents. It’s totally worth the $5 upgrade to Cozi Gold, I have it, I use it and I love it. Check it out! And no I’m totally not being paid or even recognized for bragging about this company and their program. Just use it, you won’t regret it!

So, today is the last “Free Day” I have to do pretty much whatever I want before the madness of life kicks in. 3 kids are in school now; Evelyn is is 4th, Maverick is in 1st and Olivia is a Preschooler! Savannah will be in Daycare and Derrick is now taking Life Skills classes. I have multiple appointments this next week for everything from an interview, to doctors appointments to orientation to starting work! Life is becoming super busy, but I am super excited about that! This mama will be working two part-time jobs and she’s ready! I’m ready to start making the money it’ll take to get us out of this tiny 2 bedroom apartment and into a big enough house to where the older kids can each have their own bedrooms. 

I painted my nails “Blue Light Special” blue for Kmart. I’m that giddy to be starting work. I’ve already set up my Direct Deposit. I get paid weekly. And I’m so ready for all of this to just begin! 

I also plan on becoming super busy with the kiddos at their schools. I plan on volunteering in their classrooms, joining the PTA (I know! I said I wouldn’t but I have 3 kids in this district and I want some damn say!) and I joined the School Site Council—hopefully I’ll be elected to the ONE open School Site Council position because I really want some influence on school topics this year. Especially if I’m going to have 4 kids, all eventually, in this school district and going to MES. I want to KNOW that my voice is being heard and my ideas being shared. Yes, I know it sounds like a lot, but back in 2011, I was incredibly busy with a fully packed schedule and that’s when I lost the most weight. (Then I got pregnant and lazy LOL and gained 70lbs back) I only have maybe 30-40 lbs left to lose and I know I can do it. Walking and riding the bus everywhere has been helping a lot. BUT I really need to get back to logging on to MyFitnessPal.com.

I’ve been walking the kids to school everyday and that’s about 1 and 1/2 miles round trip. So I’m definitely getting the recommended 30 minutes a day of exercise, but I need to get back to my routine of walking twice a day, doing Just Dance and Zumba on the Wii and some strength training again. I know what I need to do and I’ve been trying but I don’t want to try anymore, I want to DO. So I WILL be exercising today, even if I don’t want to, but I will. I will make the time to lift weights and play on the Wii for an hour. Starting September 1st, I’ll get back to logging on to MyFitnessPal, at the latest, the 3rd because Lord knows I REALLY need to go grocery shopping. I can’t wait til the third to go grocery shopping. I need to take an hour or two today and write up a Meals Menu Plan and a Grocery Shopping List so I’m ready on Tuesday. 

I’ve already cleaned the kitchen floor, now I need to do the dishes, clean the bathroom and start some laundry. But for now, I’m going to watch my Extreme Makeover the Weightloss Edition episode I missed last night (because I fell asleep on the couch LOL) because Rocco DiSpirito is on and I wanna enjoy my coffee and show in silence (the little girls are napping! Woot!). Afterwards, I will attack the chores and start with vacuuming the living room. I’ve enjoyed blogging during the mid-morning hours. Oh and one thing I forgot to mention, I AM going to go to school, from home though! I am officially an MIT student and my first course is the GOOD FOOD: The Ethics and Politics of Food Choices. I’m pretty excited to take this course. I really want to become a Nutritionist/PE Teacher when I grow up, LOL. Anyways, time to get back to my show and hot coffee! Later! 

No comments:

Post a Comment