Friday, September 13, 2013

...and Life Goes On

The alarm went off at 5:30 this morning, even though I have the day off work. I didn’t get up right away, but rather laid in bed til 6. I went into the living room and Derrick greeted me with a kiss and a cup of coffee, he must had heard me turn off the white-noise maker. I sat down next to him and we watched the news together for a few minutes before he went to wake up the kids. Olivia was the first to run into the living room to me and said “good morning mommy” and hugged me. She’s such a good girl. Maverick came out next, blinking because the living room lights were too bright. Evelyn decided to sleep in a bit, until I called for her to get up. She crawled into the living room, looking like an adorable cloth-covered zombie. The kids all crowded us on the couch and watched the news for about 15 minutes with us before the mad dash that is the morning rush to get ready started. The kids got dressed and Maverick very proudly tied his own shoes for the first time! He was super happy. 
Today is pay day, but I don’t get to keep any of my check, it’s all going to bills. Oh well. There’s always October to spoil the kids and myself with a little something something. As for now, since I’m still new to working, September’s pay checks are to play catch up. We’re not far behind, only about 2 weeks, which is pretty awesome. My GAIN worker is really proud of all the hard work I’m doing and she said compared to others in the GAIN program, I’m a true go-getter, getting MULTIPLE job offers after only 2 weeks of searching. Today I have to fax in my last 2 pay check stubs. But I might go into the office because I have to pick up some job searching forms, to make up for the hours I’m short this week. Hopefully soon, Derrick’s benefits will kick back in and with my working, we won’t need to be on Welfare much longer. Not that I don’t appreciate the help from the state, it’s just so much more rewarding to do it yourself. I’m just sorry that Derrick will never be the same. I hate that he got injured, and especially because he got injured so young because there’s so much he’s missing out on with the kids. I know how bad he wants to coach the kids in sports, especially Maverick in T-ball, but with the bursitis in his shoulder, I doubt it’ll ever happen. And that saddens and frustrates me. 
Today is one of relaxation. A little wine. A nice bath. A manicure and pedicure while the girls take their naps. Maybe I’ll bake something too! Or make some bisque since I bought some butternut squash cubes. Speaking of soup, I need to put an emulsion blender on my Christmas list. And speaking of Christmas lists, the kids need to start their lists soon, so Mrs. Mama Claus can begin the Christmas Layaway. I’m pretty sure that Miss Evelyn wants everything Monster High, Olivia everything Dr. Mc. Stuffins or Sophia the First. And Maverick wants anything WWE or Transformers. But for now, Evelyn and I have been decorating the house for Autumn and Halloween. There’s candy corn and orange glitter everywhere. There’s witches in windows and pumpkins hanging in the air. There’s black cats on the counter and skeletons that are bare. There’s ghosts hanging from the tree and wolves that are were. Yes, I just did that. I am a poet after all. Now I want to watch Nightmare Before Christmas and make Caramel and Candied Apples! 
Looking forward to church tomorrow because Derrick and I get our “Experiencing God” workbooks. We missed a week’s worth of homework, but that’s because USPS was late on the delivery last week. There won’t be much women at church tomorrow because most of them are going to the Women of Faith Conference. I woulda went, but I found out too late and didn’t really have the $100 ticket fee. So figured I’d just go to the next one. I am, however, going to the Loma Linda Women’s Conference in January with my grandma and that’s gunna be fun. I just remembered that I have to take the girls to get their blood tests done and to set up an appointment to get their iron levels recorded. Maybe I’ll take them on Wednesday since I have the day off. I worry about the kids having vasovagal syncope spells like Derrick. I know for sure Maverick does because he had an episode at a doctors appointment on time. Derrick’s gunna have to go with me because I can’t hold both girls while they get shots, especially if one or both have a VS episode. *Sigh* I love my kids so much, but because of their daddy’s health history, I constantly worry about them. But I pray every morning and night that the Lord will protect them and so far he has. 

No comments:

Post a Comment