Thursday, June 27, 2013

Simple Kind of Life

I’m getting really frustrated with the insurance company that supposed to be paying Derrick his TTD benefits. They were supposed to cut us a big check days ago and we have yet to receive it in the mail. It’s getting rather annoying, them not following the rules and paying him like they’re supposed to. We have bills to pay and promises to keep. We’re bored and want to get out of the house for the summer, but we can’t do that if we don’t have the income. We’ve been waiting a week now, tomorrow it’ll be day eight, they have at the most 10 days to respond/send a check. Hopefully it’ll be here before this weekend because there’s a trip to the mall that the kids keep bugging us to do. We promised them $100 each, for being good and supportive and patience children throughout this whole insurance mess, and other than us buying them new clothes and shoes, we’re giving them their own spending money to buy whatever they want because they deserve it.
Today wasn’t that exciting of a day. We stayed up til 1 am and didn’t get up until about 8 this morning. Which, with 4 kids, is totally sleeping in. We had cereal for breakfast and I trolled on the internet for a while because I woke up bored. It’s torture wasting all these hours til the mailman comes at 4 pm. Finding things to do around the house is starting to get rather maddening. It’s to the point that I’m going to reorganize the pantry and kitchen drawers…again. Tomorrow I think I’ll do the hall closet. Anyways, after breakfast we got the kids ready and we walked to the park. While they were busy playing with Maverick’s flying helicopter, I walked the baby in the stroller around the whole park for four laps, getting in my 10,000 steps. By then it was 11:00 am and the kids were hungry. In our neck of the woods, the schools provide free lunch every week day at the parks, during summer, for all kids 2-17. It’s pretty cool. The kids sat in the grass and ate their lunch and I stood there drinking water in the 90 degree heat. Afterwards, we walked home, nearly dying of heat exhaustion.
The rest of the day was, thankfully, a blur. The mailman came and went, no check. Nothing good in the mail. We took a nap. That was delicious. We had lunch. We cleaned house. I made dinner. I invited my mother over to have dinner with us. She loves my cooking and that makes me very proud, cause my mother is kind of a foodie. After dinner we all sat on the couch and watched Jeopardy. After it was over we decided to play Jeopardy on the Wii for more fun. I beat Derrick. We played Scrabble with a “Food Related Words Only" Challenge and Evelyn & I won against the boys. Mom went home at 8:30 and the kids took baths, brushed teeth, and are in bed as Evelyn is reading them a bedtime story. Clancy (Derrick’s mom’s ex-husband) is over using our shower. I made myself some tea and am sitting here writing this. I’m watching the news and am so proud that DOMA was beaten and that California’s Prop 8 was stricken. Today is a historic day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment