Tuesday, June 18, 2013

What Else is There to Do?

I’m not in the mood to write today, but I’m gunna do it anyways. I had to take a ten minute break after that first sentence to go clip and file my nails. They had gotten too long for me to type comfortably. So I clipped em all to a nice petite length and filed them squoval (squarish oval). I have no idea why I’m avoiding life at the moment and solely talking about my nails. It’s not like today was a bad thing or anything. But it wasn’t really an exciting day either. My OCD got the best of me once again and I HAD to rearrange the living and dining rooms furniture. I had to, there was no fighting it anymore, it had to be done. If not for the change, but just to vacuum under the poor couch. We have 4 kids, there was a whole grocery store under the couch. The grossest item? A rotten tomato slice. Ugh. Kids. 
Today was a baseline day for me. I was sleepy when I woke up and ended up crashing on the couch for a couple hours after I’d gotten up. I had horrible sleep last night, my teeth were keeping me awake for most of the night. That, or I’d gotten hot or I’d gotten cold, or tangled in the blankets and sheets or Derrick pulled the blanket off of me. If it wasn’t something, it was another thing. I tossed and turned and kept looking at the clock. The baby woke up and started screaming just before 7am, so we got up. Derrick took care of her and I laid on the couch. Derrick asked me what I wanted for breakfast and all I could muster the energy to say was “Oatmeal” and I was drowsy. After breakfast, I totally fell asleep on the couch for a couple hours. During that time, Derrick made coffee and occupied the kiddos. When I woke up I had some much needed coffee and browsed my social sites on my laptop. Derrick was watching his WWE Raw recording and so I watched Awkward on my laptop until his show was over.
It took us a little over an hour to rearrange the living room the way I wanted it. And suddenly, when we were done, I wasn’t satisfied like I thought I would be. Rather I was frustrated. It looks fine. But there’s something I don’t like about it but I can’t figure out what it is yet…The best thing I love about rearranging rooms, is that you’re forced to reorganize everything. I LOVE to be organized and have order. I love it! So my favorite part of the afternoon was cleaning out and organizing my desk. What I need to do now, is take all the recipes I’ve pulled out of magazines and type em up in Excel. It’ll take a while, but I’m one of those weirdos that actually loves data entry. I also save health and fitness and stress relieving articles of which I should type up as well. I get told I do enough “research” that I could totally write my own Self Help Book. But how does a certifiably crazy person write a self help book? 
Anyways when I finished organizing everything, I got some quality relaxing time on the couch and flipped through 4 magazines! No kids bothered me—wow! I know! Then my grandfather called and said he was bringing me a box of food. Food that my mother and grandmother got for volunteering at a Senior Center Food Pantry. They give us this “shelf stable” milk, that we hate the flavor of, and use it in the bath water. It makes the skin super soft. For now I’m just making dinner (Pork Loin Chops, Baked Beans and Herbed Rice) and writing this and listening to Spongebob on the big screen. I’m kinda irritable today, only because the kids have been loud and destructive. But I can’t wait til it’s bed time for them. Because Derrick and I are gunna do some yoga, then read in bed with some Chamomile tea. Hopefully all of that will help us sleep better tonight. I have to rise pretty early, I’m going for a 5 mile run tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment